- TBA per person, twin share
- Single supplement TBA
What our guests say
Thanks for a great holiday – we enjoyed every experience particularly the walks, accommodation, food and company. We will have life long memories of our walking tour of Northern Italy.
– Graham & Jill
Thank you Bruno & Christine for a wonderful tour. In a few word “Buonissimo” our Northern Italian walking tour was a smorgasbord of breathtaking scenery, compelling history, cultural insights, fine Italian cuisine and wines and many captivating Italian characters all superbly packaged and led by you both.
– Ellis & Bronwyn
Many thanks for a wonderful tour of Northern Italy. We certainly met the locals and felt that we were a part of this beautiful region. The tour was set at a very comfortable pace which made the distance travelled by both walking and train easy and rewarding. Once again thank you for showing us this colourful Region of Northern Italy and your great pre-tour info reading.
– Bob & Barbara
Thanks to Bruno & Christine for the wonderful experience we shared with you and 14 other intrepid adventurers which ended far too quickly. The food, the views and camaraderie of the tour group were complemented by the care and attention given to us. This adventure will remain high on our list of memorable experiences.
– Mario & Cheryl
Thanks again for an interesting and informative trip, we really appreciated how much preparation you put into the program. It’s not only all that but also the way you looked after us so well too, we will remember this for a very long time. Let us know any future trips planned and we will be there!!
– Fred & Susan
We constantly seek new and interesting tour experiences and are continually amazed by the active and energetic inclination of many folk who travel with us. So, based on the popularity of the Italian walking tours and European cycling tours, we are planning an active tour here in Australia. At the time of writing details are not finalised but we are enthused by the possibilities.
Victoria has developed a brilliant network of Rail Trails. They are disused railway tracks converted into multi-use pathways typically for walking and cycling and ideal because they are flat, long and run through areas with a fascinating history.
Our first tour will be based on the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail from Bright to Wangaratta. This section is fully sealed, runs through several towns and has interpretive signage and toilet facilities and passes by wineries, pubs and cafes.
CONTACT US TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST FOR 2020!
- You choose to either cycle, walk or travel on the coach. A daily briefing will give you all the
information you need when deciding what activity you should do. ie. distance, points of
interest, opportunities for refreshments etc.
- The tour will be co-ordinated to suit each person’s ability. We will pick you up/ drop you off at pre- determined spots along the trail and will have a trailer for bikes
- Accommodation for 5 nights at Buffalo View Lodge in Porepunkah. A beautifully renovated motel with acres of lawns and gardens fronting the Ovens River
- Bike hire including e-bikes is available in nearby Bright
- Cyclists will be accompanied by a guide who will have radio communication with the coach should it be needed
- The more active cyclists are also free to set their own pace and routes
- Where possible we will set the days ride/walk so that we predominantly head downhill
- Walkers will be well catered for with great walks at Myrtleford, Beechworth, Bright and Mt Buffalo
- Enjoy visiting Wineries and beautiful Ovens Valley scenery along the trail>
- Tour led by Bruce & Lindy Bishop